Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2017

My New Year's Resolutions for 2017



 
 
Happy New Year Everyone! I'm so excited to write my first post for 2017. Today I wanted to share with you my New Years Resolutions for 2017. Each and every year, I come up with a list of promises/ goals that I make for myself. I hate to admit it, but usually 1/2 way through the year I loose interest in some of my resolutions that I have made, and I end up not following through with them.  So this year, I thought if I publish them here, I will take them more seriously, and hold myself accountable so I will accomplish them. Here they are:
 
 
 
 
#1 (Most important)- Spend More Time with my Family.
 
I need to start putting my phone down and paying more attention to my Family! I always find myself on Instagram or Facebook while the kids are on the floor playing in the Family Room. I should be playing on the floor with the. They are only little for so long, so I should be enjoying these precious moments with them. I also want to go on some more Date Nights with my husband. With his busy work schedule, and the kids extra curricular activities, I think it's important we make some time for us as well. I think setting up a Date Night once a month is important and needs to start happening.
 
 
 
 
 
#2- Eat Healthier/Exercise  
 
I think I gained over 7 pounds since the summer. I used to eat way better and exercised 2-3 times a week.  I don't know what happened, but now I don't do either! This week I started writing down everything I put in my mouth, and started choosing healthier options. I also plan on exercising 3 days a week. I am only starting off to workout a 1/2 hour 3 days a week. This could be either running on the treadmill or doing an exercise video. I hope to increase that to 1 hour within a few months. My goal is to loose 10 pounds by the end of March.
 
 
 
 
 
#3- Get More Sleep!
 
I go to bed way too late! Like, stupid late. I sit up until 1-2 am watching TV or go on the internet watching Blogger YouTube videos or looking on Pinterest, lol! Then in the morning when I have to get my son ready for school, I wonder why I feel so exhausted and lazy throughout the day. It just needs to stop. I need to start going to bed at a more reasonable time, and wake up feeling more refreshed to start my day.
 
 
 
 
 
#4- Be more Organized
 
My house can sometimes get to be a total disaster. The kids toys everywhere, bills on the counter, my clothes still folded in the Landry room, and not hung up in my closet like where they belong. I need to be more organized. A few days ago, I bought a bunch of toy bins for the kids toys, so they are not always on the floor. I also got rid of a lot of stuff they don't play with anymore as well. It felt so good. Now, my family room looks so much better. I also bought an organizer for my kitchen counter. All my bills that need to be paid can go in this, so they aren't left on the counter anymore. I also need to start cleaning up as I go, so things are less messy around the house. I hate spending the weekends cleaning, so I am going to try and clean 1-2 rooms each day during the week, so we can spend more time as a Family on the weekends.
 
 
 
 
Did you make some New Years Resolutions for 2017? I'd love to hear them in the comments below!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment