Pages

Monday 6 July 2015

Magic with Scott Dietrich

If you read my blog, you will remember a few weeks ago I wrote about "Creating a Ballerina Theme Birthday" for my daughter's first birthday party. Well, I wanted to add some sort of entertainment for the kids since I wasn't planning on having any games. I thought it would be fun to have a magician, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just any magician. I wanted to find someone that focused more on children. That's when I found Scott Dietrich!
 
 To be honest, his website is what sold me, and made me want to pick up the phone and call him. It was so bright, and colourful and watching his videos made me realize he was great with kids. I also read on his website he was voted by the Readers of City Parent Magazine, the GTA’s “Best Birthday Party Entertainer” for three consecutive years (2012, 2013, 2014)!
 
His performance is 60 minutes in length, which includes tricks with cards, ropes, rubber sharks and much more. After the show he teaches all the kids how to perform a magic trick, and gives them a souvenir magic pamphlet to learn even more. What I loved is that he included all the kids in helping out with his tricks, and not just the birthday girl. He made it fun for everyone!  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When he arrived, I have to admit I was pretty nervous that maybe the kids were too young for a magic show. I wasn't sure if they were going to understand his tricks or even have the patience to sit there to watch his performance. As you can see from these photos, I really didn't have anything to worry about. What I loved is that he geared the show to their age group. The kids absolutely loved him!  
 
 
 


 
 













 
 
 
 
 
 For his final trick, the birthday child becomes the starring role and helps produce a live BUNNY! After that, he gives all the kids a chance to come up to see the bunny and pet him. The kids loved that! They couldn't stand up and get in line fast enough.
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
To conclude the show, he creates a balloon animal of their choice for each child, and a special balloon crown for the birthday boy or girl!
 
Also as a special bonus, the birthday child receives an autographed copy of his new inspirational children's book, "I Can & I Did!" which I blogged about HERE because it's such a great book and my son absolutely loves it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the birthday girl with her balloon crown!
 
 
 
 
I 100% recommend Scott Dietrich if you're looking for some amazing entertainment for your child's next birthday party. He is awesome and you will not be disappointed!
 
If you are interested in booking Scott for your next child's birthday party, you can find all the information on his website HERE
 
 




2 comments:

  1. Scott is a fantastic performer, entertainer, and all-round great guy! I'm so glad you chose him for your event, and I look forward to booking him again myself.

    ReplyDelete