Pages

Thursday 4 June 2015

Oshawa Zoo + Fun Farm!

As a mom of 2, I'm always on the hunt to find places to take the kids over the summer. Sometimes it can be a challenge because I prefer it to be outdoors, and I don't want to drive far or spend too much money. Finally last year, I found out about Oshawa Zoo + Fun Farm.
 
The zoo is located in North Oshawa. I love the drive up there- so scenic. Beautiful rolling hills and depending which route you take coming back, there is a great view of the city.
 
The people are so friendly and the grounds are always very clean and well maintained. It's on 22 acres which is completely fenced for kids. I love that I can bring the 2 kids on my own, and not have to worry if my 4 year old runs ahead while I am pushing my daughter in the stroller.
 
I find the zoo a perfect size. It's not too big nor too small. My son never gets too tired from walking around nor does he ever get bored.
 
 
 
 
Making a trip to the zoo couldn't be easier. There are plenty of spaces to park which is also free of charge. Daily admission to the zoo is $13 for Adults, $11 for seniors, $9 for children and a family pass is $44. What I think is the best deal, which I bought again this year, is the seasons pass. Adults are $25, seniors are $21, children are $17 and the family seasons pass is $84. The only additional cost (which is optional) is the popcorn to feed the animals. You can get a large bucket for $2.50.
 
 
 
The first thing you see as soon as you enter the zoo are the baby chicks. They are so cute and gentle. All the kids love holding them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The lemurs are not allowed the popcorn, but at the gate they give you some raisins (free of charge) so you can feed them. They are also very gentle. If you hold your hand out at the fence they will grab the raisins right out of your hand!
 







Some of the animals you will see at Oshawa zoo are: sheep, cows, donkeys, camels, llamas, deer and horses. They also have peacock's, turkeys, an emu and ducks.  
 






 
 






 
 
 
 






























 
 
 
On the weekends in the summer, and throughout the week once school is out they have food for purchase. Hot dogs, sausages, fries, drinks etc. Or, you are more than welcome to bring your own lunch. They have plenty of tables for you and your family to sit down for either a snack or lunch.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you're interested in having some animals come to you, they offer that as well. Whether it be for a birthday party, corporate event or fund raiser, they can make it happen. Contact Brad deWolde at 416-710-3072 for pricing information.
 
 
 
If you have never been to Oshawa Zoo + Fun Farm it's a must see. It's located at 3377 Grandview St N, Oshawa
 
For more information check out their website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment