Pages

Thursday 18 December 2014

How to host a Snowman Breakfast!

Last weekend I thought it would be fun to host a Snowman Breakfast. I invited my son's friends along with their mommy's for a morning of fun! It's so hard to find time to get together with friends over the holidays because everyone is always so busy.  I was so happy that most of my friends could make it. I told everyone to come in their pajama's because I wanted people to be super comfy. I wanted everyone to feel very relaxed and comfortable. Nothing fancy!
 
When I was looking online I found some really cute ideas for table settings, so I tried to recreate them but at the same time add my own personal touch. I started off by grabbing some wrapping paper that I already had, and made snowflake place settings. I bought white plastic plates (in two sizes ), napkins and the cutlery all from the dollar store to make the snowman body, hat, scarf and arms. Then, with markers I added a face. Talk about super cute! I really didn't want anyone to eat on them, lol!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
I had a craft table set up with markers, stickers and pom poms so the kids could decorate their own wooden snowman to take home. (all purchased from the Dollar Store again)
 
 

 
 
For food I kept it simple. Each guest got 2 circle pancakes that was supposed to be the snowman's body, a piece of bacon for his scarf, a mini bread stick for the nose, chocolate chips for the eyes, mouth, and buttons, and some whip cream for snow.  
 
I made snowman on a stick using white powdered doughnuts and decorated them with the mini bread stick for the nose and chocolate chips for the eyes, mouth and buttons.
 
I also had freshly baked muffins and fruit.
 
For drinks, I bought cute snowman mugs from Walmart for coffee or hot chocolate for the adults.  For the kids, I made snowman faces with markers on foam cups from the dollar store and had orange juice, milk or chocolate milk to choose from.  
 




 

 
 
 
 
I thought it would be fun to have a gift exchange with the kids so, I asked all my friends to bring a unisex wrapped gift under $10 so each child had something to open. They were all so excited!
 
 






 
 
Finally, I bought these snowman treat bags from the dollar store for each child to take home. I filled them with Goldfish, Fruit Snacks and Candy.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment