Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

DIY Christmas Planter

Making your own Christmas planter not only saves you money, but is very easy to make. I always get compliments on it every year, so I decided to do a quick and simple tutorial just to show you how easy it is.
 
 
I went to my local grocery store and picked up a bunch of assorted branches (Fir, Cedar and Pine) and twigs for $14.99
 
 
 
 
Before I do anything I separate each kind so I know how much I am working with.

 
 
 
I use the same pot every year that I bought at Sheridan Nurseries. All I did was fill it with topsoil or if you want to use sand that is fine too.  I use this pot in the winter time for my Christmas planter, and in the summer I fill it with flowers. 

 
 
 
Next, I start to arrange the branches in the pot. I always start at the back and work my way to the front. I alternate each different kind of branch to give it texture. Then, to add some height I add the sticks in the center.
 



For something decorative and to add a bit of colour I added some white tulle, sparkly silver leaves and Christmas balls that I bought at Michaels.

 
 
 
 I also added some lights that look like sticks, and when its dark outside they look really pretty. I bought them at Home Depot. All you do is just stick them in the planter and plug them in.


 
 
Here is what it looks like at night all lit up!


No comments:

Post a Comment