Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

Main Street in Unionville

 
Whether you are from the Greater Toronto Area or you're coming to Toronto to visit I would make a point to check out Unionville in Markham, Ontario. I never knew Unionville existed until I met my husband. When we were dating he would always take me to Main Street for lunch. Main Street is a beautiful little strip filled with unique shops and restaurants. If you have a day in your weekend free, it's worth checking out. During the summer they decorate the streets with huge hanging baskets filled with gorgeous flowers. Most of the restaurants have cute little patios to sit outside for lunch/dinner or just to have a drink.
 
We were there this weekend so I took some pictures:
 
 



 





If you are looking for a good place to eat, I would recommend going to the Unionville Arms Pub & Grill. Great pub food- try the Greek Salad because it's amazing! We usually eat on the patio. 
 
 
This place is a must! Old Firehall Confectionery. This is why I get a salad at the pub because I have to go here directly after. I spend about 20 minutes deciding on what to get because I want everything. I took some pictures of what they have to offer which explains why.
 
  

 



 
 


Today they have the Unionville Heritage Festival going on from 10-5pm if you wanted to go and check it out. They are going to have historic demonstrations, live music, horse- drawn carriage rides, historic guided tours and more.
 
For more information on Unionville visit their website:  http://www.unionvilleinfo.com/

1 comment: